The student would not make his piece of writing impressive without being involved in academic essay writing for years. Do you think that writing an informative essay is easy? It provides specific information on a subject-related topic without any attempts to persuade the reader in the author’s truth, but it offers some challenges. The list of possible informative essay topics is endless. The article shares the top-quality essay topic ideas based on the best academic papers submitted by the students worldwide.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE - BUY TOP ESSAY
Is it possible to overcome the challenge? A professional online essay writing service developed by the talented essay writers from different fields of study will help to overcome problems with your grades.
Informative Essay: Definition by Essay Writing Guru
An informative essay is a type of academic assignment, given to high school and college students to test the way they can provide information on a specific topic (global warming, hate crime, discrimination, fast-food, obesity, etc.). Compared to other popular forms of academic essays (persuasive/argumentative), the student should not try to convince the reader of his truth in an informative essay. It is the most effective academic tool of the high school/college teacher. It is used to evaluate various criteria:
- Knowledge of subject
- Set of skills
- Awareness of formats
- English proficiency
The greatest reward is the highest possible grade and improved great point average (GPA).
How to Write an Informative Essay?
The integral part of scientific/academic essay writing is a research, which refers to the systematic, smooth investigation of primary & secondary sources to present the facts on a specified problem. Modern students have a unique opportunity to use the Internet. It takes less time, nerves, and efforts than high school/college/university libraries used to several decades ago. The approach is the same.
How to Handle Research Process
While studying the available sources, it is important to notice the date of publishing (old sources are those that were published more than 5 years ago), whether the authority accredited the source, and how relevant the displayed information is. It is better to exclude sources that provide an opinion on the matter (for example, reviews or critical articles). It is better to choose the primary sources. They include:
- Books & e-Books
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
- Print newspapers
- Accredited websites
- Documentaries & movies
- Research papers
Remember to find & use facts alone. To provide a corresponding evidence in the context of your informative essay, insert either a direct or indirect quote with the help of quotation marks and narrowed reference in the parentheticals. Write down notes highlighting the main ideas. The goal is to inform. Save your time on providing facts & detailed descriptions instead of trying to persuade the target readers that your position towards the researched problem is correct while the opponents are wrong.
Professional Advice from Our Academic Company
“Split the entire information into 3 different categories. Those would be the history of research, the process of it, and the benefits of the discovered materials related to the field of study. Every category will become the focus of the corresponding body paragraphs. Omit any details that no longer fit into your informative essay. Send your ready draft to the professional online essay writing services to avoid any grammar/spelling/punctuation mistakes, plagiarism, issues with formatting, or other factors, which may prevent your informative essay from being excellent”.
Prof. Lesley, online tutor & essay editor from EssayPro
How to Write Informative Essay Outline
Once you decided on the topic, it is time to sit down and spend a couple of hours or more depending on the assignment’s volume on the informative essay outline.
What’s an informative essay outline? By having a clear plan of action, it is possible to avoid problems with an informative essay writing. Like a traveler lost in the forest without his compass, a student will be lost between the lines of his text without having an outline in front of his eyes. The instructions do not always tell to prepare an outline. If it does not say to insert a table of contents, the author should still carry out an outline to recall it each time he starts falling off the topic. The goal is to provide meaningful descriptions to educate the reading audience on the given topic. To understand how to write an informative essay, it is important to introduce data void of any type of bias.
Have a look at each stage of professional academic essay writing (an outline).
How to Write an Informative Essay Introduction
Introduce the topic by developing a shocking, engaging hook sentences in the beginning to grab the reader’s attention. It would be a great idea to insert a literary quote or famous people saying in the opening sentence. Try beginning with the statistics/fact. Another nice option is adding a simile or metaphor.
Work on a powerful thesis statement (include the main informative essay’s idea). Check whether the rest of the arguments relate to it. End your initial paragraph by stating the predictions for the future, rhetorical question, link to the next passage, or anything else to make the reader move to the second section being intrigued. Various transition words & phrases help to build links between paragraphs. Here is an example of informative essay introduction:
“It is 7 AM on a hot day in June, and I have already showered and taken my meal. I realize that the rest of the students are having dreams spending their best summer days the way an average student should when it is sunny outside. I do not envy them. With the huge enthusiasm, I hurry to my part-time job as an editor’s assistant at the local art magazine to gain new exciting writing experience!”
How to Write an Informative Essay Body Paragraphs
Do not come up with more than three body paragraphs & 3 main arguments to defend. Each claim included in the work should be supported by the meaningful, strong evidence retrieved during the process of in-depth research.
Keep in mind the structure below:
How to Write an Informative Essay Conclusion
It is necessary to finish the whole informative essay on an epic note in case the author wants the reading audience to remember his brilliant ideas and go on researching the problem. A conclusion should have a restated/rewritten thesis statement in one sentence. Add a meaningful summary based on 3 main points discussed in the body. It is a good idea to finish the informative essay with the exclamation, forecasts for the future, innovative ideas, rhetorical question, or quote of a famous person. It is all about leaving the last impression! Do not forget about one more page at the end – Bibliography!
How to Format & Reference in Academic Essay Writing
Combine the list of great informative essay topics above with these helpful tips & tricks to have an insight on how to write an informative essay every teacher will love!
It is time to say several words about formatting. Every informative essay instruction will have this point among the rest, so do not hurry to relax. Any format is made of 2 main parts. Those are direct/indirect in-text citations inserted in the body text & list of references, which appears at the end of the informative essay after the conclusion part. It is sometimes called References (in APA style), Bibliography or Works Cited page (in MLA).
An example of the properly referenced list of sources.
Heaney, Seamus. “Beowulf: A New Verse Translation.” W. W. Norton & Company; 1st
Edition, 2001. Print.
Swift, Jonathan. “A Modest Proposal.” Watchmaker Publishing, 2010. Print.
2 Informative Essay Examples
One more thing that a student might lack after reading the article is the informative essay examples. It would take a while to include the entire essay. Read some of the extracts from the most inspiring informative essays written by high school & college students.
It is a good example developed based on one of the top informative essay topics.
Bonus Informative Essay Example on Business
LET ME TAKE MY EXCLUSIVE ESSAY
Deciding on the Top Informative Essay Topics
It is a good chance to demonstrate a personal area of competence if the tutor does not assign a specific topic, leaving the right to choose one. It is not easy. The student has to conduct in-depth research on the most recent news to discover the widely discussed/debated problem in the society. An interesting title supports the right choice of topic.
The best students & professors from the top-rated colleges agreed to share their most effective informative essay topics with the readers of this post. We have divided the topics into separate categories to make it easier to follow.
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
- Informative essay topics associated with vegetarianism
- Computer viruses: types, causes, & consequences
- The usage and outcomes of surprising-reversal strategies
- Great Depression: Its role in history, causes, events, & results
- Shakespeare’s influence on the development of modern British literature
- Football vs. soccer: Their differences & role in sports
- How does the United States handle racial issues?
- Is it possible to minimize the level of pollution in towns?
- Stressful situations in the student’s life
- Measures people can take to reduce the level of domestic violence in the US
Good Informative Essay Topics
- Simple ways to decrease the rates of poverty in the United States
- Information students should know to conduct in-depth research
- Does placebo help to overcome real-life threats?
- How can one write a speech to persuade the audience?
- Why is thesis statement important in academic essay writing?
- Things people should create in XXI century
- Introduction to the world of Stephen King
- How to choose the best idea out of a pool of good ideas
- The time does not change population for better
- New world’s order
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- General information on how to compose music
- Interesting facts about the world’s wonders of nature
- Everything related to cooking a fish
- Words that can best describe summer time
- Example of using mobile apps in the process of learning
- Plastic surgery: pros & cons
- Photography: Its history & development
- Several ways to stay healthy with the help of popular foods
- Drug addiction and how to get rid of it
- What defines the best friend: A philosophy of friendship
Relatively Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Three things every business startup should keep in mind
- Ways to find a way out of any legal situation
- Gun control: General information
- Methods to release from drug addiction
- Main causes of child obesity and its treatment
- Traits that make people with bipolar disorder stand out from the rest of the population
- Bullying in high schools
- Do preventive disciplinary measures in school help to improve students’ behavior?
- Who can help with informative essay writing?
- Will humanity ever create a machine capable of cloning people?
We have covered the best informative essay topics along with the essay’s structure, research process, and some other tips that help students around the world to succeed in their academic performance. Do you have any questions left? It does not matter whether you are a high school or college student – if you have no idea how to complete a specific informative essay, make an order at the official website of the leading online essay writing company in the United States!
The purpose of an informative essay, sometimes called an expository essay, is to educate on a certain topic. It is not for giving an opinion or convincing someone to do something or change his beliefs. In addition to being informative, it needs to be interesting.
Structure of an Informative Essay
The basic structure of an informative essay is very simple. It needs to have a beginning, middle, and end.
- The beginning needs to present the topic and grab the attention of the audience. It needs to include the focus sentence for the entire essay.
- The middle will be the main bulk of the essay and it will contain all the important facts that you are covering. This is where the audience will get their questions answered. Remember to answer these questions: who, what, where, when, why, and how.
- The end is a conclusion where you will summarize the essay. It should spur the reader or listener to learn more about the topic.
Here is an example of the beginning of an informative essay:
As you are listening to me, you might not think that today is the day that you will save a life. It is quite easy to save a life any day and it only takes a little bit of your time. I’m not talking about being a paramedic or fireman; I am talking about donating blood.
Here is an example of a closing:
So that now you know how easy it is to donate blood, it’s time to take action. After all, you have plenty of blood, so why not share? When you do, you will feel good about yourself and you will save a life.
Subjects of Informative Essays
Informative essays, sometimes called expository essays, can be used for many purposes. They can compare viewpoints on a controversial subject as long as they don’t include the author’s opinions. They may analyze data, like in a cause and effect situation, or educate the audience on ways to do something, like solving a certain kind of problem.
- An informative essay might explain the pros and cons of the death penalty, using statistics on crime rate reduction as a pro and statistics on innocent men being found guilty as a con.
- An informative essay might analyze whether lack of education is a cause of homelessness by using statistics and information about the educational attainment of homeless men and women.
- An informative essay might educate the audience on how to open a bank account.
Informative Essay Titles
To help you get a better idea of the different types of informative essays, here are some possible titles for this type of essay:
- Understanding the Link Between Cholesterol and Heart Disease
- How to Buy a House
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- Defining Poverty in the City of Chicago
- The Health Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet
- The Importance of Regular Daily Exercise
- The Causes of Global Warming
- Reducing Carbon Emissions with Alternative Fuels
- Cost Savings of Hybrid Vehicles
- Understanding Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Why Cleaning Your Ducts is Important
- Qualifications of Contractors
- How to Get your Commercial Driver's License
Steps in Creating an Informative Essay
Most of the work on an informative essay is done before you actually sit down to type. Here are the general steps to take:
- After you have chosen the topic, you will need to research and gather all the pertinent details on that subject. You need to ascertain what you already know about the subject and then decide what you would like to know.
- You will need to make a list of the important facts and then list the main steps in your paper. Make sure all your facts are accurate. You will need to write a topic sentence for each fact and write a focus sentence (thesis statement) for the entire essay.
- Create an outline that will organize your facts in a logical way. Then you will be ready to make your first draft.
- Editing is an important step for any writing project. Reading your essay out loud will help you notice places where the writing is awkward or unclear. If possible, have someone else read it and give you their ideas for improvement. Of course, you will need to pay attention for grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and other errors.
An informative essay is the best way to explain something that is complicated...in an uncomplicated way.