Looking For A Classification Essay Example – Helpful Directions
A classification essay is an essay that tells exactly what the name of the essay says. It takes a group of things and organizes them into different categories. This type of essay organizes the items into useful categories that use a single principle and then it also gives examples of each of the items that may fit into one of these categories. When you are looking for examples of an essay of this type there are many places that you can look. Here are some helpful directions on how to find some examples of classification essays:
- The first place you should look is to your teacher. Since they are probably the ones who introduced the essay to you in the first place, they probably have many examples they would be willing to show you. If they aren’t willing to show them to you in class, ask to speak to them after class and see what they have to offer.
- Another place you can look is to a student who has taken the class before. They may have their own classification essay examples for you to look at. If they did well in the class, their example may be the perfect one to look at because the teacher approved of it so it was probably correct.
- Your library probably has many different examples of all sorts of essays including this one. Ask your librarian what resources in the library may have examples that you can look at. The more you look at, the easier it will be to create your own.
- The internet has many passive resources that can help you out. There are many college libraries that will have examples of all sorts of essays. There are many academic sites that have resource material that will show you samples also that you may be able to see free of charge.
- The internet also has many active resources or learning sites that are willing to help you with anything you need. They are in the business of tutoring students so they will probably charge you for their expertise. What is nice about this type of site is they can give you one-on-one attention and you can get any answer to exactly what you need immediately.
If you need further information on how to find an example of a classification essay, this website can assist you. They can help you with any type of writing problems you may have and would be willing to help you with any questions as well.
Classification essays rank the groups of objects according to a common standard. For example, popular inventions may be classified according to their significance to the humankind.
Classification is a convenient method of arranging data and simplifying complex notions.
When you select a topic, do not forget about the length of your paper. Choose the topic you will be able to cover in your essay, do not write about something global or general.
Consider these examples:
- Evaluate the best to worst methods of upbringing.
- Rate the films according to their influence on people.
- Classify careers according to the opportunities they offer.
You should point out the common classifying principle for the group you are writing about. It will become the thesis of your essay.
It is important for you to use clear method of classification in your essay, especially when you are dealing with subjective categories such as "quality" or "benefit". Make sure you explain what you mean by this term.
To organize a classification essay, the writer should:
- categorize each group.
- describe or define each category. List down the general characteristics and discuss them.
- provide enough illustrative examples. An example should be a typical representative of the group.
- point out similarities or differences of each category, using comparison-contrast techniques.